The English Lacrosse Association (ELA) Byelaws (June 2012) sets out the Women’s Playing Qualifications for Regional level play.
6. Playing Qualifications
Criteria for regional team selection is one of the following:-
For a Senior Regional team one of the following:-
(1) Birth within the Regional boundary or
(2) bona fide residence for a period of at least six months or in the case of a university, college or school three months for the season in question or
(3) Three seasons as a member of the Regional Team or
(4) Registered to a club which is registered to that region, or competing in the league system of that region.
(5) Any U18 player selected for their Senior Elite National Squad (England A, Scotland A, Wales A) can choose to play at Senior and/or Junior level for their region.
All players entering Senior Regional trials must be registered as a club or individual member with the ELA.
No girl may play for a Senior County or Senior Region if she is under 18 years at the beginning of the relevant season (generally commencing in September) or still at school at the time of the relevant event.
Exceptions may be made to allow a girl who is under 18 years at the beginning of the relevant season (generally commencing in September) or still at school at the time of the relevant event to play for a Senior Regional Team where in the opinion of the Regional Association exceptional circumstances preclude her from playing for a Junior Regional Team. Such exceptions must be advised to the Women’s Playing Committee.”